Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Techonology Tip: Organize Your Email by Color

Professionelle has a new address!  Please visit www.professionelleblog.com for this post and much more!

I hate being on working group email lists because I end up getting a million emails that do not concern me and consequently miss the emails that do concern me. I learned a neat trick that allows you to color code emails in Outlook that are sent directly to you. Emails sent directly to you will show up in blue (or red or whatever color you pick) so that it is visually distinct from all of the other emails you receive. Here's how you set it up:

Click on "tools" then "organize." Select "using colors." The second bullet point should be an option to "show messages only to me in . . . ." Select the color you want and the hit "turn on" button.

You need to do this for each folder you have individually. For example, if all of your mail regarding Project XYZ gets automatically filtered to a certain folder, you will need to do this for that particular folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment