Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Shoes for the Commute

Professionelle has a new address!  Please visit www.professionelleblog.com for this post and much more!
 
I wear heels almost every day of the week, regardless of whether I have somewhere special to go. But for some reason, the thought of wearing heels during my commute to work is unbearable. So, like many of you, I wear my Uggs to work in the winter and flip flops to work in the summer. The space beneath my desk looks like a shoe store after a very busy sale with mismatched heels covering almost every inch of floor space. I always feel a bit awkward walking into work with my professional outfit and casual shoes. Spring brought an added layer of complexity to this shoe dilemma since it became too warm to wear boots and not yet warm enough to bust out the flip flops. So this week, I vowed to search for professional yet comfortable flats that would be perfect for the morning commute. Here's what I came up with:

I love how these shoes come with a travel case. This way, you can stash your shoes in your purse without worrying about getting your bag dirty.


Bloch makes actual ballet flats for real dancers as well as pretend ballet flats like the ones below for us regular people. Theses shoes are supposedly incredibly comfortable, but every review I've read recommended ordering a size up.


I bought a pair of Crocs when I went kayaking in the Boundary Waters a few years ago and they were about as comfortable as they were ugly. Now Crocs come in a more stylish package which makes them at least as work appropriate as flip flops.

1 comment:

  1. Just bought the crocs for the same purpose! I also do the Uggs in the winter/flip-flops in the summer deal but that spring & fall commute shoe gives me trouble. The croc flats are very comfy and don't get destroyed with rainy days.

    ReplyDelete